Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's much simpler than you think.

A lot of people think I am a very complex individual. Even the Kiersey Temperment Sorter© seems to indicate that I am rather complex. However, I am really quite simple.

I believe in truth and justice. I know, it sounds like I'm plugging to play Superman, but it's true. I try to be honest, sometimes to a fault, and I want other people to be fair with each other. I like to do a good job in whatever work I am doing and expect others to do likewise. When I buy a product, I expect (or want to expect) it to perform as advertised.

I try to give respect to each person, until that person acts in such a way as to lose that respect. In return, I want to be respected as a human being, unless and until I violate someone's trust or prove myself unworthy of their respect. I also want to love and to be loved. I don't believe in random, meaningless expressions of affection, but encourage genuine ones; however, I am not comfortable showing or being shown affection in a public setting.

I try to be compassionate to those who are poor, helpless, or incapable; but I am intolerant of incompetence. Incompetence includes accepting someone's word about something - anything: politics, religion, anything subject to debate - without considering the available facts for oneself. Likewise, when one offers a dissenting opinion, I expect both sides to listen to and  to try to respect the other person's opinion, whether or not they agree with it. Everyone has a history, and if you consider a person's history, you may at a minimum understand why they feel as they do.

I will treat you fairly, and I hope you will do the same for me. When someone, or some thing, has treated me unfairly or unjustly, I need time to regroup. I recognize that few people actually understand me, but I wish more people would try. I really am much simpler to understand than you might think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a message below. While I encourage you to speak your mind, I will delete posts which are abusive, to the moderator or to others. Let's all play nicely!